Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What I've been up to

After Battle Bremen, I went to:

1. LHSKontest III: Le Havre battle. Awesome weekend. Such a chill atmosphere with cool people. And the DJ played KRS-One for me during my battle round, so that's a big plus. It was the first wholly post-cathartic battle for me as well, and the feeling of being in a competition is now entirely changed for the better. It's something I hope to continue and cultivate.

Then I went to Dutch class and started getting my butt kicked by this semester's workload at my program in Brussels. Yowza!

2. Skatefreestyle slalom workshop, Groningen: Don't worry if you didn't hear about it. We didn't *really* advertise for it. It was a small but amazing group. We also took part in a slalom showdown, ate pancakes inside a ship, shot some skating video, and generally had a ball.

In between, I practiced! And did homework.

3. PSWC: Paris Slalom World Cup: This year, the PSWC redeemed itself to me by being very cool and very fun. Last year, not so much, because I was really ill. The afterparty on Sunday night clinched it for me as the most magical competition to this date. Also, my classic run was SO GOOD...until I fell at the end. Great. Yeah. World #1 Marina Boyko told me that I am doing really well, but I need to fall less. She is right. :)

4. Skatefreestyle slalom workshop, London: This workshop was our first in Hyde Park, and it was good to do hot on the heels of Groningen two weeks prior. After this workshop, I am eager to ramp up our schedule of them, but it's difficult with so many competitions. So, I'd like to schedule more things locally, so it will be logistically easier for us to do.

So now you know why I haven't posted.

See you soon!
xoxoxo
meg

No comments:

Post a Comment