The content of what we teach will of course depend on who our students are. In the recent past we've had success doing choreographed slalom runs with students, which gets people working on every aspect of their slalom at once --including the flow, transitions, the individual moves making up the combo, as well as getting people to see how they can combine things in new ways themselves. So we'd like to incorporate this into the weekend, as well as teaching you some stylish new slalom moves. However, please let us know what you are interested in as well, so we can get an idea of what everyone in the group is looking for.
The weekend will be a time for eager slalom skaters to learn, share, and practice. Whether you are a beginning slalomer or advanced one, as long as you can skate forwards and backwards and are ready to practice for at least a solid eight hours (spread over Saturday and Sunday) and learn some slalom theory as well, then the workshop is for you.
The skating hall will also be open later on both Saturday and Sunday for some extra hours of skating (if you've got the energy left in you).
What: Skatefreestyle slalom workshop. Slalom style, techniques, and combinations.
Who: ICP certified inline slalom instructors Megan McIntosh and Tim Schraepen
Where: Zum Schoofmoor, Lilienthal, Germany Street where the sporthall is located in Lilienthal, Germany:
When: May 4th and 5th, from 10:00 - 17:00 both days (1 hour lunch break plus several 15-minute pauses for snacks and recharging)
Price: Workshop price is €90 per participant. This covers two days of instruction. It does not cover the cost of your lunch, so either bring your lunch along with you or be prepared to buy some food while we are there.
Minimum level: Basic skating skills (forwards, backwards, stopping, be able to balance on one foot for short stretches).
Protective gear: Encouraged
Participants: Maximum 12 people (sign-up and deposit in advance required to confirm your spot, so please don't wait until it might be too late)
How to sign up:
- In order to reserve your spot in the workshop, make a deposit via the Paypal button on the righthand side of the blog page. You can either make a €20 deposit to reserve your spot and pay the remainder in cash on the day of the workshop, or you can pay everything at once by selecting the €90 option.
- Please email me (Megan) at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Your full name
- Your telephone number
- How much slalom experience you have
- Any particulars you are interested in learning during the weekend.
- Whether you made the deposit or if you've paid in full
- Approximately when you paid, so I can cross-check my payment list with the sign-up list.