Monday, August 23, 2010

It's Kermis Monday

I wish I could communicate the cultural difference between where I come from and where I now live. I'm sure I will attempt at some point, but for now, it's just...too...big...a project.

I am tearing through jeans at an alarming rate. If it's not the bottoms, then it's the knees.

Of course I need to have jeans that are off-limits from skating, but then I always think, "Hm, these jeans look good on me, and some people will probably photograph me while I'm skating, so I might as well wear jeans I really like." So then I end up wearing them, and once they have been introduced into the skate-clothes rotation, one little scuff leads to another and then I end up with a closet full of jeans with torn-out left knees and ripped-to-shreds on both legs from about four inches from the bottom hem.

I have yet to find a solution to this problem, but when I do, I'll let you know.

In other news, I found this video from the excellent Thai slalom club FrozWheels. It features yours truly. The first time I heard them say my name I thought I was imagining it, but then it's followed up with, "Sexy!" and a BOI-OI-OING noise, so I can only hope that what they have to say is flattering. :-)

Check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment