Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Skate with people who are better than you.

I haven't even gotten a chance to write about our trip to Lyon, which is a shame, and now I have the workshop to talk about and probably about twelve other things that are relevant in the meantime. Unfortunately for us all, this post is just filler to let you know that I am thinking about writing here and wishing I had more time to do it. However, the weather has been more than acceptable lately, and my rule is that if the weather is nice, I don't stay inside for anything except studying and sleeping.

Unfortunately now I'm busy with the studying bit, but I can't keep at it for much longer, because it's wearing on towards noon and the sun keeps climbing higher in the sky.

If I have anything useful to say to you, which I kept thinking about in Lyon while skating with Aurelian and Antoine, it would be, "Skate with people who are better than you," because it makes you so much better, so much faster. A few minutes here and there of training back wheeling with Antoine, and a couple of tips from him, helped me achieve more with back wheeling in one week than I probably have in a year. So, let my painfully slow process of learning back wheeling be a lesson to you, and go out and find someone much better than you to skate with!

The more you skate with people who are better than you, the more awesomeness you will absorb through osmosis! Awesomemosis? I could just make that into a word. :)

And this is one reason is why battles are very good for your skating, because you are basically surrounded by a lot of awesomeness the whole weekend.

Belgian slalom series, anyone? It's going to happen...ACK! So much to write and NO TIME!

Keep practicing, everybody, and I'll write soon!
xoxoxo
meg

No comments:

Post a Comment