Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My practice today

Well, last post when I was positively glowing about making progress, I neglected to mention that I finally made 20 cones of toe-toe screw, and during the same session I also succeeded in doing 20 cones of swan. I haven't done it again, but I also haven't tried, so I probably should, just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, and to get it consistent.

Finally making 20 cones of those moves is something I've been wanting for a long time...it's a landmark, like my first 20 cone heel wheeling (which is still not consistent, but on my good days, I can do it repeatedly) and my first 20 cone toe wheeling (which is not 100% every time but it's good enough to do in battle). And succeeding with both on the same day is, well, really exciting.

Next I would like to succeed doing 20 cones of toe-heel screw, 20 cones of toe seven, and 20 cones back toe wheeling...

I had a nice skate today, even though I was and am dog-tired. It felt like I was skating through mud the whole time, but the positive was that I really felt my technicals, and I think my tiredness made me extra aware of how my body was moving. Plus I rocked it out with jumping tricks on the fifties. Until I started writing here, I never realized how I go through phases with tricks. A few months ago it was all sitting tricks, all the time. Before that it was sevens. Right now I am totally fascinated with X's and wipers and putting them together in fun ways.

Hopefully sometime I will make up my own tricks too.

As usual, I took a notebook along with me, but today I came up with a whole lesson for the workshop while I was out. I plan to have a session on spinning. Exciting! So part of my skate was me messing around with different spins and how I can teach them. When I looked at the list of skaters in the workshop (which is full, by the way! But I am going to schedule more as soon as I find out from my university when the summer term starts), I think it will be really great for them.

Bedtime now!

Until next time, thanks for reading.
xoxoxo
meg

No comments:

Post a Comment