Monday, November 8, 2010

ICP Slalom Certification

Very quickly I just wanted to post and let you know about my weekend. Naomi Grigg and Chloe Seyres came to town and stayed with us over the weekend and Tim, Chloe and myself took a slalom instructor course from Naomi. It was long and not easy (I was a bit surprised at the level of difficulty, actually), but of course we all passed and are now certified slalom instructors. It's pretty important for me since I will be hosting workshops under the Skatefreestyle name starting this winter locally, and abroad next season.

In the summer I plan to do three USA workshops around the time of Battle US. I will definitely do one in Boston but the other two cities are TBD.

The weekend was quite nice, actually, even though it was exhausting. We all learned a lot from each other and of course from Naomi. In our teaching test we were assigned tricks with actual meat to them, so breaking them down into components and communicating them wasn't so easy, but we managed. It would have been too easy if we were given basic tricks to teach that we already teach all the time, so I'm glad we got new things. Tim taught Batwing, Chloe taught Reverse Sun, and I taught Curly Link...which I did not realize was a Naomi-created trick. If I had known that at the time I would have been more nervous during that test.

Anyway the course was quite useful, but I don't have time to say much more than that right now.

xoxoxo
meg

1 comment: